Hosted by Sync Yoga and Cycle
The TECH Ride is part sweat fest, part dance party on an indoor cycling bike. All levels welcome to come get your heart rate up and have some fun! This 45min class combines elements of traditional indoor cycling with hand weights for a full body experience. Bring your spin shoes, or we have some to rent at the studio. Please arrive 15min before class so the instructor can help set you up on the bike. Space is limited so make sure to up early!
How did the acronym “STEAM” evolve from “STEM”? Is there a difference between STEM and STEAM in the industry or in education? Cubit, a STEAM education company from the San Francisco Bay Area, will talk about how STEAM is being applied in the industry and give a working demonstration of a robotic board game using STEAM design and problem solving principles. Learn how kids are staying engaged learning STEAM while working with their hands, solving problems through critical thinking, communicating with piers, and applying coding and robotics.
Protecting your business from natural disasters is a big challenge for IT professionals. However, there are many other more common reasons why businesses suffer data loss. A recent survey conducted by the Ponemon Institute found that natural disasters such as earthquakes only accounted for 10 percent. Join LANAIR Group, LLC and Unitrends for an informative luncheon seminar where you will learn about the biggest causes of data loss and how you can protect your business against them. You need to take action before a disaster occurs otherwise it will be too late.
WeWork is a global workspace provider using thoughtful design and advanced technology to empower businesses of all sizes and industries. A Leon Company is providing Digital Marketing and Cloud-based Technology Solutions, specializing in e-commerce, to clients across the US. Together we are hosting an event to help teams or individuals build their brand through web development and thoughtful design. Stop by to network, meet with a branding expert, or just enjoy a drink to celebrate Glendale Tech Week!
Community: a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.
Join us at our July Tech on Tap as we hear from a panel of ladies who each share their personal stories of how their community has influenced their path in entrepreneurship and how they have paid it forward in return, as they discuss:
• Supporting underserved entrepreneurs with access to loans and education
• Importance of local businesses in their communities
• Community support
• State of entrepreneurship in LA
• Access to resources to get your business going
• Social impact grants
• Mentorship programs
• Challenges that smaller-scale businesses face
About the Moderator
Ani Torosyan, DishDivvy
• With a background in engineering and over 18 years of experience in product management, branding, marketing, digital technologies, and user experience/design, Ani brings a great deal of strategic execution and technological know-how to DishDivvy. Her passion for creating and launching brands, coupled with her entrepreneurial spirit, drives her to create an exceptionally positive experience for each and every DishDivvy customer and cook. Ani holds a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Biomedical and Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California.
About the Panelists
Marsha Olson, Found/LA
• Marsha began her career at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, where she helped manage a portfolio of grants focused on changing the way the world talks about Global Health and Development issues. She has built Social Impact programs in the startup space, and she has worked in Communication and Media Strategy, building out a division of business for Wolf Kasteler PR that focused solely on social impact. She is currently head of Wurwand Foundation and its key initiative to support local entrepreneurs, called FOUND/LA.
Dani Solorio, Compton Health Bar
• Dani Solorio, 32, is the founder of Compton Health Bar, a health and wellness store in the city of Compton, CA, on a mission to bring health to the hood. Originally from Zacápu, Michoacán, Mexico, Dani arrived in the US at age 6, and grew up in Lynwood, CA. As a Certified Integrative Nutrition Coach, Dani coaches clients locally and around the country for 6 month programs. Dani was the recipient of the 2019 Rising Star Award, an honor given to her by the National Latina Business Women’s Association at the 2019 Latinas in Business Awards. Dani has been a featured speaker on the topics of entrepreneurship and holistic healing on podcasts, at business events, and at local schools and institutions.
Helen Leung, Director of LA Mas.
• Helen is a Los Angeles native raised in the Frogtown neighborhood by a working class, first generation Chinese family. Growing up in an immigrant community, she deeply identifies with the rich diversity that makes Los Angeles so unique. Helen joined LA-Más because of her passion to explore strategies that minimize displacement pressures that come with gentrification. Helen provides leadership at LA-Más by ensuring all projects are grounded in local need and systemic change. She holds a master’s degree in public policy and urban planning from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
EVENT DETAILS: This event is free of charge. Networking will start at 5 PM, panel starts at 5:45 PM, with an audience Q & A at 6:45 PM. Light happy hour snacks will be provided.
PARKING: Free 90 minute parking is available at Orange Street Parking Structure at 222 N. Orange St., Glendale CA 91203
ABOUT TECH ON TAP: Glendale Tech on Tap is a monthly meet-up created to strengthen the ecosystem of technology, innovation and entrepreneurship in Glendale. Raise a glass to tech every fourth Wednesday of the month in Downtown Glendale.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, assistive listening devices are available upon request. Requests must be submitted 72 hours in advance. Please contact (818)[masked] to submit a request.
Whether you've got a great idea and are wondering about what the funding situation looks like on the path ahead, OR you're more established and want to hear the latest goings-on in the startup investment world, our June Tech on Tap has got you covered.
DishDivvy & Glendale Tech on Tap are pleased to present, for the first time in Glendale, the premier screening of the film “Soufra”. A must see film about an amazing, tenacious group of women, who were the world’s most unlikely entrepreneurs.
Celebrate the arrival of the holidays at Mr. Furley’s Bar in Glendale! Come mix and mingle with techies and professionals in the Glendale business community over free, tasty appetizers and a fun, holiday-themed icebreaker.
Eight factors that actually impact a company’s value more than the industry it’s in.
This month, we’re featuring one of our local experts in digital health, Robert Gellibolian. Robert is the founder and CEO of CellectGen, a digital health technology company focused on developing consumer-facing, next-generation point-of care (POC) tests, devices, and services.
Armenian Film Society welcomes you to an intimate conversation with Teni Panosian.
Assemblymember Laura Friedman and a panel of experts explore the impacts of self-driving cars on our world.
Celebrate Glendale Tech Week at our closing night party and awards bash. Mix and mingle with some of the region's emerging tech talent and network with leaders in the industry. During the awards portion of the program we will honor the standout individuals and companies in the local tech scene.
Enjoy our keynote speaker and lunch followed by Pitchfest, Glendale Tech Week’s popular Shark Tank-style event. Preselected start-ups will present their ideas and products in front of a live audience and a panel of judges made up of entrepreneurs, angel investors and VC funders. Participants will compete for a $60,000 prize package.
Panel discussion aimed at innovators, designers and consumers who are interested in how startups are using design to disrupt complex industries for the better.
Learn what goes into bold, measurable, and unique digital marketing on a bootstrapped budget.
Hosted by Full Circle Business Law and The Oak and Vine
Full Circle Business Law and The Oak and Vine are partnering to host "5 Mistakes That'll Kill Your Business", a free mixer for entrepreneurs. Attendees can learn how to avoid common pitfalls, enjoy drinks and appetizers, and play a game (for a prize!).
Learn all about Telehealth-to-Home programs in Biocom’s Division of Allergy & Immunology.
Design Crimes and Social Misdemeanors: Understanding how creative decisions affect your bottom line — and what you can do about it
How embracing a more integrated, strategic approach to design and social media can transform your business and give you competitive edge.